Happy Wednesday, people of Austin! Here’s everything you need to know in Austin today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Sunny, windy and cool. High: 80 Low: 51.
Here are the top stories in Austin today:
- Austin Craft Spirits Company, maker of Austin 101 Light Whiskey, has launched Austin 85 Light Whiskey to be sold in liquor stores across Texas. “Austin 85 has a balanced nose with mineral, caramel and vanilla aromas, dramatic roundness and a long, sweet finish” and “uses primarily Texas malted corn, wheat and barley”. According to the founders, “Austin 101 and Austin 85 share the same craftsmanship excellence that made Austin 101 a two-time Gold Award winner in 2021: they are both made in Austin, Texas, by extracting the essence from local Texas beans, handcrafted in small batches and sustainably finished in local recycled bourbon barrels.” The liquor which contains “42.5% alcohol by volume” is “produced by Austin Craft Spirits Company and distributed by Republic National Distributing Company”. It comes “in 750ml bottles and costs $32 per bottle. For more details visit: (EIN News)
- The Deep Eddy Pool located at 401 Deep Eddy Ave. will be closed “for its annual spring cleaning” from Sunday April 10 to Sunday April 24 and “will reopen on Monday April 25, with normal opening hours. During the closure, please check the hours of operation of other pools in the City of Austin by visiting AustinTexas.gov/Pools. For more information, please contact the Austin Parks and Recreation Aquatic Administration and Education Center by calling 512-974-9330 and visiting: (AustinTexas.gov)
- On Thursday, April 15, the Austin Food & Wine Alliance will host its “Live Fire” event from 6:30-9:00 p.m. at Camp Mabry, located at 2200 W 35th St. The event will feature chefs showcasing their culinary skills “over an open flame. ” There will also be music, drinks and more! Tickets range from $95 to $175 and can be purchased here. For more information on the event and participating chefs, please visit: (FOX 7 Austin)
From our sponsor:
Where should you invest as an Austin resident with a nest egg of $149,000? Thanks to a change in the legal code, there is a new investment Austin residents need to know about. In fact, Bloomberg asked the experts where they would invest $100,000 right now and many of them picked it.
It may surprise you, but it’s art.
Growing your nest egg with art is nothing new. Wealthy families like the Rockefellers have done for centuries.
- Low correlation with equities according to Citi
- Contemporary art historically yields 23.2% when inflation is > 3%
- Contemporary art prices outperformed the S&P 500 by 164% (1995-2021)
Translation: Art could be one of the best investments for uncertain times.
Lucky for you, we found Masterworks. This revolutionary platform allows you to invest in the art of Warhol, Monet, Picasso without spending millions.
The best part? Anyone in your area can bypass their waitlist*.
*See Important Reg A Disclosures
Today in Austin:
From my notebook:
- “A Windsor Hills neighbor is looking for a mechanic to fix a 2012 Jeep Patriot. For more information, sign up for free on Nextdoor and contact him through this site.” (next door)
- “A neighbor in Milwood is in need of landscaping and design services at a reasonable price. If you have any information about these services, please sign up on Nextdoor for free and message them there.” (next door)
- “A neighbor in Rattan Creek is looking for a good seamstress to do some basic alterations. Please reach out to them with recommendations by signing up for free on Nextdoor and contacting them there.” (next door)
- “A neighbor in East Cesar Chavez needs a dog crate. Please join Nextdoor for free and let them know if you have a spare.” (next door)
- “A neighbor in Buckingham Estates needs a pergola repaired or replaced, and a small wooden deck built. Please contact them at Nextdoor for any information by registering for free on this site and sending them a message there .” (next door)
- “If you need home improvement services, please call, text or email 512-698-0085 for free estimates and visit email@example.com https://m.facebook.com /finefinishatx/?ref=bookmarks.” (next door)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like Austin Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are officially informed for today! See you tomorrow morning for your next update.
— Gabriela Couvillion
About me: I am a working mother of two adult sons and a lifelong resident of San Antonio. I received a BA in Spanish from the University of Texas at San Antonio, and in my free time I immerse myself in creative writing. Thanks for reading Patch, and please let us know if you have any news and events that our readers might enjoy!