Old Fashioned Week is the ultimate global celebration of the world’s favorite classic cocktail – and Woodford Reserve Whiskey is at the heart of it all as official organiser. The premium whiskey brand is bringing Old Fashioned Week back around the world for its sixth year from November 5-14 across 12 countries. In the UK, however, Woodford Reserve will extend the celebrations until the end of November. Many exciting events are planned to showcase this popular cocktail. This is a cocktail not to be missed!
There’s a reason Woodford Reserve Whiskey is synonymous with Old Fashioned. The fact that it was voted by Drinks International* as the best bourbon to use in an Old Fashioned is testament to that.
Woodford Reserve is made at the historic Woodford Reserve Distillery, a National Historic Landmark, which makes the world’s finest bourbon in Kentucky, from a grain recipe that includes 72% corn, 18% rye and 10% rye. malted barley. The recipe created a whiskey/spirit with over 200 detectable flavors including sweet aromas, spices and floral notes. From its rich aroma on the nose to its distinctive depth of flavor and signature color, Woodford Reserve Whiskey has been crafted to surprise and delight with every sip.
It’s been a favorite whiskey for many years and Old Fashioned Week is the perfect opportunity to sample it in a number of slick bars and restaurants across the UK. National entrants include Hotel Du Vin and Malmaison which offer signature Woodford Reserve Old Fashioned service throughout the week, as does Brasserie Blanc and Marstons.
If you are in London, here are the bars you should go to:
- The Hoxton is offering a Signature Woodford Reserve Old Fashioned menu with Old Fashioned pre-packs for hotel guests – see more details below.
- South Place Hotel has a stunning takeover of the Enchanted Forest of Woodford Reserve, with iconic Woodford Reserve Old Fashioneds
- Swift is set to end the week old-fashioned in style with two Southern-style seafood porridges on Friday the 12th in the evening and Saturday the 13th in the day. This is a ticketed event and guests will be treated to an Ember (Swift’s Woodford Reserve service) upon arrival, as well as a menu of three different Woodford Reserve services. Decatur, the food partner, will also prepare a three-course menu on both dates
The Old Fashioned OG Master Class
To end the week old-fashioned in a good mood, Woodford Reserve will host “The OG Old Fashioned Masterclass” on November 24 at 8 p.m., partnering with legendary bartender Jake Burger to put on a show for all the senses. Burger will share stories from his career and Old Fashioned history, before UK Woodford Reserve Brand Ambassador Joseph Hall hosts an interactive session – exploring Woodford Reserve’s unique flavor profiles.
The ‘OG Old Fashioned Masterclass’ will take place at The Edition, London with tickets available from £15. To book a tour ticket here.
The Hoxton x Woodford Reserve Whiskey – European Bar Takeovers
World-renowned city hotel, The Hoxton, is teaming up with Woodford Reserve Whiskey to celebrate Old Fashioned Week with a series of takeovers at their most iconic European locations home to the best bars the continent has to offer.
Taking place on November 14 and 15, every visiting bar will show off their creativity with a Woodford Reserve menu focused on old-fashioned service.
Old Fashioned Week is a global celebration of the world’s best-selling cocktail and what better way to celebrate than to partner with a global institution like The Hoxton.
Bartenders will take trips across Europe to the following locations:
Hoxton UK takeovers:
- The Hoxton Southwark x Drink Kong (Rome)
The takeovers of Hoxton Europe:
- The Hoxton Amsterdam x Hawksmoor (London)
- The Hoxton Rome x Swift (London)
- The Hoxton Paris x Mother Mercy (Newcastle)
If you can’t get to a bar, there’s no reason you can’t join in the Old Fashioned Week celebrations. All you have to do is follow the recipe below to make the perfect Woodford Reserve Old Fashioned at home. Enjoy!
- 50ml Woodford Reserve
- 15ml sugar syrup
- 3 dashes Woodford Reserve Aromatic bitters
- 2 Woodford Reserve dashes Orange bitters
- How to Make the Perfect Old Fashioned
Add the ingredients to a mixing glass. Add ice to the mixing glass and a serving glass. Stir the ingredients into the mixing glass for 30-40 seconds. Strain into the serving glass. Garnish with a lightly squeezed orange zest.
Head toward Official site of the Woodford Reserve to see which bars near you are participating in Old Fashioned Week – it really is a party not to be missed.
CAREFULLY MADE. ENJOY RESPONSIBLY.
Woodford Reserve is a registered trademark. 2021 Brown-Forman. All rights reserved.
*The 2021 Brand Report, Drink’s International