Looking for the perfect setting to toast after baseball returns? Whiskey lovers need not look far from Busch Stadium.
Located inside the Live! By Loews Hotelin front of the baseball stadium, Clark and Bourbon (799) offers a baseball-inspired atmosphere, a seasonal menu and a space dedicated to spirits. For whiskey lovers, the jewel in the crown is The whiskey room, a semi-private club-like venue that offers over 400 options. The well-curated whiskey library spans pages, listing a worldwide range of blended bourbons, straight bourbons, rye and wheat whiskeys from Tennessee, Canada, Scotland, Ireland, Japan and Australia. ‘somewhere else. The menu features a robust selection of small batch label expressions and age statements. The restaurant also purchases a barrel each year from partners such as Ezra Brooks and Templeton. Spirits can be served neat or on one of the large cubes, in a Manhattan or Old Fashioned. Need help deciding? Talk to a whiskey pro on site.
Clark and Bourbon
The hotel’s self-proclaimed “casual luxury” greets you in a baseball-inspired grand lobby and continues as you enter Clark & Bourbon, open for breakfast, brunch, lunch, happy hour, dinner, late at night, a theme carried out in subtleties throughout the dining room and the living room. Clark & Bourbon is well organized for happy hours big and small, as well as late-night groups after a concert or baseball game. Take the “Bullock Express” elevator to the rooftop venue Beefan outdoor space overlooking Together Credit Union Plaza, adjacent to Busch Stadium, with a 15-foot LED screen that hosts post-game shows, game-day specials and live music.
Spring cocktails and more
- Old-school Clark & Bourbon: This classic cocktail features Angel’s Envy bourbon and a cube engraved with the restaurant’s name.
- Beets & Sparkling: This mimosa with beets and orange juice is made from fresh juice supplied by St. Louis Juice Press.
- Summer at the Ballpark: The perfect match for lunch on the patio, this bright orange beauty is both fruity and refreshingly herbal.
- The happiness of launderers: A high gin and juice cocktail with top notes of blueberry and rosemary oils.
Clark & Bourbon also offers a wine list curated by Certified Sommelier Robert Etter, Outlets Manager. The 25 wines by the glass and extensive bottle list complement the new modern American steakhouse concept, with an emphasis on American wines, as well as classic Old World offerings. And, of course, the restaurant offers a wide range of beers, including Flavor by Live! by Loews partners 4 Hand Brewing Co. and Anheuser-Busch.
Spring dinner menu
- Tomahawk for two: The black angus is simply pan-fried and sliced off the bone.
- Roasted Duck Breast with Lavender: The duck is served with kimchi fried rice, Luxardo cherries, and a drizzle of cherry syrup and duck juice
- Sixty Southern Salmon: This salmon fillet, served on a bed of lentils and crispy bacon bits, brings an umami bomb, underlined by a misoyaki glaze (fish sauce and soy sauce) and a hint of acidity from green apples compressed with whiskey .
- Marinated beets: This remarkable accompaniment is served on a whipped goat cheese mousse and topped with golden plump Madeira raisins and pickled fresno peppers. (Other sides include grilled asparagus with candied Meyer lemon and a fluffy pillow of finely grated stravecchio cheese, plus spiced honey-glazed heirloom carrots.
Denise Mueller is a St. Louis-based Certified Sommelier and Certified Wine Specialist who owns the Mid-American School of Wine and Wine Course PreSumwith wine books and oenology courses available.